Marketing in 2024 will face the trends of previous years, but some of them will evolve more rapidly.
Personalization and focus on Customer Experience
In 2024, marketers will focus even more on creating personalized content and the best customer experience for the target audience:
- Advanced customer segmentation based on digital solutions of online prospecting, predictive analytics, customized content in digital presentation to increase online visibility, and AI-powered recommendation mechanism will enable the most personalized offers possible, increasing the effectiveness of all customer interactions.
- Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) technologies will provide realistic and engaging experiences, so many brands will incorporate them into their marketing campaigns.
Automation of functions. What’s trending?
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies have already fundamentally changed the digital marketing landscape. An incredible variety of AI platforms are enabling experimentation with different forms of content, customizing charismatic chatbots, and generally revitalizing marketing creativity:
- In 2024, AI and IO-based tools will become even more integrated into marketing processes. AI algorithms can analyze large amounts of data and anticipate user behavior. Predictive analytics is already being called a marketer’s secret weapon.
- Digital solutions that automate and accelerate traditional and conservative sales and purchasing processes will continue to grow rapidly. For example, Sales Accelerator by Kompass is a unique tool for managing the entire sales pipeline: from prospect targeting and lead generation to business reporting and analytics.
Diversity and Inclusivity
Diversity and inclusivity in marketing communications is a major challenge and trend. Ever-changing customer demands are forcing marketers to gradually change not only content but also brand values. Competing for the favor of the new generation is much more valuable than content support for loyal older customers. The vector of diversity and inclusivity fits perfect into personal brand strategy as well.
In an increasingly artificial world, marketing is unwittingly shifting its focus to the human and humanity. While all-round automation simplifies and speeds up processes, people still prefer to interact with live humans rather than robots:
- Well-known brands are successfully exploiting the phenomenon of parasocial interaction (PSI). This trend involves communicating with audiences on a personal level to gain long-term commitment from the target audience. For example, having a big data set in your company doesn’t mean you can properly process it and apply it to marketing and sales, it requires a customized approach. The Kompass Group is a world-renowned smart data provider that offers personalized data auditing, data integration and data consulting services.
- Purposeful brands, i.e. those with defined purposes and clearly articulated values, are more understandable to customers and inspire confidence. Purposeful branding is in trends for a long time.
- Understanding your mission naturally results in creating a strategic plan and strategies across the board. Among the factors restraining the spread of strategic planning, the unstable environment (local military conflicts, cataclysms, unexpected legislative changes, the threat of global recession, etc.) exerts the most pressure. Therefore, the trends in strategic marketing include short-term planning and flexible approaches, the so-called ‘napkin strategy’.
As a leader and personal brand owner, you should find opportunities for live contact with your audience at the most important touchpoints. Build on professionalism and values while demonstrating the inherent emotions of a living person.
Search engine optimization trends
- Voice Search Growth. The goal of voice search engine optimization (VSEO) is the same as conventional search engine optimization (SEO), that is, to bring more organic traffic to a website. But its peculiarity is the focus on natural spoken language, which is used in everyday life. The development of this segment is directly influenced by the proliferation of voice assistants like Siri, Alexa or Google Assistant. It is expected that gradually voice search will become the primary search mode for most users, it is faster and easier to search this way. Consequently, marketers should adapt SEO strategies to the specifics of voice search.
- Another search trend, visual search (image search), is also actively developing and requiring new tools.
- Highly accurate targeting of your audience. It’s no secret that the more precise advertising campaigns meet the specific needs of the consumers, the higher the lead generation and conversion rate. Therefore, the more effectively you set up and launch your digital advertising campaign, the greater the return you’ll get.
Social media marketing trends
Since already 60% of the world’s population uses social networks, and on average one user spends about 2.5 hours a day there, the absolute majority of modern brands cannot exist and develop without social media.
- Social commerce. Social networks are steadily evolving into entertainment marketplaces. TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest continue to improve e-commerce features, providing the ability to buy instantly via messengers and social post or by tags.
- Social media are outpacing search engines. The term ‘Googling’ may well soon become obsolete, as more and more users, especially young people, are changing their search habits: almost half of Generation Z uses TikTok and Instagram to search instead of Google.
- Betting on User Generated Content (UGC). A trend directly related to the social media boom. 93% of marketers agree that consumers have more trust in content created by real people.
- Short videos are becoming the most profitable and effective format for capturing the attention of your target audience. Millennials and Gen Z love to learn about new products from Instagram Reels and TikTok. Video marketing continues to grow and remains a prioritized communication channel. And videos are getting shorter every year.
- Live streaming is at the peak of popularity because it provides real-time interaction and authenticity. Brands are hosting live online events, product launches and private parties. The popularity of YouTube, TikTok and Instagram Reels will determine the allocation of budgets and key components of video marketing strategies in 2024.
As you can see, 2024 will be a time of further rapid development of digital marketing, and digitalization will continue its winning ways in all areas of sales and procurement. We are ready to help you with this – contact us and let 2024 be a victorious year in all desired spheres and meanings.