8 February 2022
So, you have a website. You picked up a unique domain name, created the most amazing design and wrote a lot of content. But, despite all these efforts, your analytics still show a flat line. Disappointing, isn’t it?
Well, it’s time to change that. In this article we will tell you how to bring traffic to your website.
Different Traffic Types
First of all, you need to know what types of traffic exist to visualize the steps to be taken.
There are two main types of traffic – organic and paid.
The term “organic traffic” refers to visitors to the site who come from search engines such as Google.
On the other hand, paid traffic is visitors who get to the site using advertisements (such as Google Adwords and Facebook Ads) and other paid methods.
Statistics show that 51 percent of all site traffic is organic. However, organic traffic is a long-term investment. To make the site to take a place on the first page of search results, you need to defeat a fierce competition. Do not expect significant results in the first few months, especially if you are working in a highly competitive niche.
Best Ways to Attract Traffic to the Site
Have a sit, review the guidelines below, and learn how to bring more traffic to the site.
1. SEO Optimization
With the correct use, SEO can help your business take the first positions on the search engine results page (SERP) and bring traffic to the website.
You can start optimizing your site by exploring keywords. In this way you can determine which keywords get a high rating with search engines.
There are many tools for selecting keywords. The most popular of them is Google Keyword Planner.
Keywords play an important role not only in the general search optimization of your site, but also in creating effective content on third-party resources. For example, creating an online Booster presentation on the global site of the B2B community kompass.com includes using keywords in different languages. Thanks to this, the content posted here not only becomes unique, but also competently builds the structure of interaction ‘guest visibility in online B2B communities – unique content and keywords – traffic to your own website’.
2. Marketing Campaigns
Regular communication with existing visitors encourages them to visit your site again and again. Like regular coffee shop customers, they will eventually feel loyal to your site. This is a fantastic way to attract traffic to the site.
To launch an email newsletter, you need to create a database of recipients potentially interested in reading your news, promotions, or offers. The EasyBusiness service is one of the best tools for targeting a potential audience and for generating a start-up database of subscribers both by industry and by location criteria.
Taking advantage of Booster’s online presentation, you can create a unique online showcase that combines your company’s news line and product gallery. By inserting a link of your online showcase in emails, you not only give the opportunity to follow your latest news and new products, but also generate additional traffic to your website.
3. Social Media
Social networks are a powerful tool for bringing traffic to the site. If you use them wisely, visitors will soon start to go to your site.
Here are some tips for promoting social media content:
- Add visual elements. People click on visually attractive posts more often.
- Use hashtags. Hashtags help people find your content if it contains a hashtag with a theme they are interested in.
- Select the correct medium. Different social networks have different target audiences. Adults mostly use Facebook, while teenagers and people 20+ tend to use Instagram and Twitter.
4. Create Quality Content
Content is the heart of every site. Interesting content motivates visitors to get back again and again. Moreover, they would be far more likely to share such content. Isn’t that a dream?
Here are some tips on how to write great content to bring traffic to the site:
- Explore keywords. Your content should be built around key keywords. Select keywords that are currently up-to-date and have quite high traffic.
- Create catchy headlines. In search results, people read the headlines first before going to the site. The more interesting they sound, the better!
- Do not use long sentences or big words. Most people view your content in search of specific information. The main rule here is be simple and be clear.
- Use images and videos. A wall of text scares away visitors. Let your readers rest using visual elements in the text.
Pay attention to creating quality content on third-party resources. For example, global B2B online community kompass.com offer a turnkey content solution under Booster offer: an online presentation provides not only the publishing of traditional sections of corporate data, but also visualization tools, SEO elements, keyword selection, link building posts, video hosting, news posting, and visual presentations of products, services, promotions and bonus offers.
In writing content, the main thing is practice. Over time, you will learn how to effectively write and attract traffic to the site.
5. Optimize the Site for Mobile Devices
The fact that mobile phones generate 54% of all web traffic fully answers the question why the site should be optimized for mobile devices. If a visitor who comes from a smartphone can’t use your site normally, he will most likely never return. You’ll lose a lot of potential traffic.
An adapted site tends to occupy higher positions when searching from mobile devices.
6. Audit of Obsolete Content
Of course, you should always generate new content to get new visitors. However, editing old posts is also a great way to bring extra traffic to the site.
Search engines constantly check sites for new content. Every time you update existing content, it’s like you’re posting a big sign with the phrase, ‘Scan me again!’ Search engines reindex your site and change the page rating based on quality of updates.
Use Google Analytics to track popular content and select the most promising publications to update.
The content you post on the kompass.com is 24/7 available for editing, updating, and expanding. In addition, you can always use statistics to define which sections or posts of your online presentation are most popular with visitors. This helps you understand what to focus on when creating content and which publications should be updated first.
Here are some of the changes you can make to the content:
- Correct typos.
- Fix non-working links and add new ones.
- Add new images, infographics, or videos.
Let’s once again list the best ways to bring traffic to your website:
- Optimize SEO. This will help search engines easily scan your site.
- Publish content on reputable B2B sites and relevant B2B online communities. This allows you to correctly pursue a link building and an image building policies.
- Share different parts of content on social networks. Your content can reach a wider audience and attract more traffic to the site.
- Update old content. This improves site attendance and visibility rank. And it’s very easy to do.